Dept. of Agronomy (1899-1995)

 

The Agronomy Department was established in 1899 as a division of the College of Agriculture. The department is concerned with the utilizing of fertile soils to their fullest advantage, and with bettering the social and economic position of the owner and tiller of the soil.

On May 11, 1995, the Board of Trustees approved the renaming and reorganization of the College. It was renamed the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences and several changes were made in the organization of departments and divisions. The Department of Agronomy, except for soil scientists, was combined with the Department of Plant Pathology to create the Department of Crop Sciences. from the University Archives

Browse Collections of Items

Recent Additions RSS feed

Community Statistics